EU direct tax law is a fast developing area. This presents taxpayers, in particular groups and multinational corporations that have an EU or European Economic Area (EEA) presence, with various challenges.
The following topics are covered in this issue of EU Tax News:
- Netherlands: CJEU judgment on pro-rata personal deductions for non-resident taxpayers: X
- Netherlands: CJEU judgment on the application of Article 64 (1) TFEU concerning the extended recovery period for foreign assets: X
- Belgium: New Innovation Income Deduction replaces the Patent Income Deduction
- Finland: Supreme Administrative Court confirms withholding tax treatment for non-UCITS and non-listed Maltese SICAV
- Hungary: Hungarian implementation of ATAD’s CFC rules
- Italy: Italian Tax Court of First Instance judgment on the compatibility of withholding tax levied on dividends distributed to a US pension fund with EU law
- Sweden: Swedish Supreme Administrative Court judgments on the denial of refund of Swedish withholding tax
- Switzerland: Corporate Tax Reform III rejected by the Swiss voters
- United Kingdom: Supreme Court judgment in R (on the application of Miller and another) v Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union
- EU: ECOFIN Council agreement on ATAD II
- EU: European Parliament Resolution of 14 February 2017 on the annual report on EU competition policy
- EU: Public CBCR: European Parliament’s joint ECON & JURI Committee issues draft report
- EU: EU Member States send letter to non-EU 92 countries in context of common EU list of non-cooperative tax jurisdictions
- Spain European Commission requests Spain to amend its law implementing reporting obligations for certain assets located outside of Spain
Fiscal State aid
- Luxembourg: Non-confidential version of the European Commission’s State aid opening decision in GDF Suez
- Spain: AG Opinion on tax exemptions for Church-run schools
Read the full newsletter here.
This EU Tax Newsletter is prepared by members of PwC’s international EU Direct Tax Group (EUDTG).