EU direct tax law is a fast developing area. This presents taxpayers, in particular groups and multinational corporations that have an EU or European Economic Area (EEA) presence, with various opportunities.
The following topics are covered in this issue of EU Tax News:
- Belgium: AG’s Opinion on the Belgian fairness tax: X
- Denmark: CJEU Judgment on the Danish thin capitalisation rules: Masco Denmark ApS
- Portugal: CJEU Judgment on the taxation of profits distributed by entities in third countries: SECIL
- United Kingdom: AG’s Opinion regarding UK trust exit taxation: Trustees of the P Panayi Accumulation & Maintenance Settlements v HMRC
- United Kingdom: AG’s Opinion on UK FID regime: The Trustees of the BT Pension Scheme v HMRC
- Netherlands: Dutch AG’s Opinion regarding Dutch dividend withholding tax on foreign investment funds
- Spain: National High Court of Justice upholds insurance company claims
- United Kingdom: Court of Appeal judgment on remedies in the franked investment income (FII) group litigation
- EU: ECOFIN Council of 8 November 2016 adopts criteria for screening of third country jurisdictions
- EU: ECOFIN Council of 6 December 2016 – results
- EU: European Commission’s public CBCR proposal’s legal basis challenged
- EU: European Commission welcomes the entry into force of new transparency rules for tax rulings
Fiscal State aid
- Hungary: European Commission publishes its final decision on the Hungarian advertisement tax
- Ireland: Non-confidential version of the European Commission’s final State aid Decision on Apple
- Spain: CJEU Judgments on the Spanish financial goodwill amortisation scheme: Autogrill v Commission and Banco Santander and Santusa v Commission
This EU Tax Newsletter is prepared by members of PwC’s international EU Direct Tax Group (EUDTG).
Read the full newsletter here.
Further information about our service offerings in EU taxes: www.pwc.com/eudtg